Prospectus has been submitted and my portfolio is officially complete! It seemed that even nature was against me but thankfully all of my friends (and committee members) are safe and sound in New Orleans and campus is NOT under a foot of water!
It seems it was a good thing that my advisor did not get back to me on time. If my defense had been last week, it would have been cancelled! If that is not divine intervention, I'm not sure what is.
My lovely mother left for Spain yesterday to start the Camino de Santiago. For those of you who don't know. Santiago de Compostela is a very old pilgrimage site in the northern part of Spain and my mother will be walking 200 miles in 12 days! So proud of her! Then she will meet me in Madrid and spend 5 wonderful days helping me get settled and sight-seeing!
In 9 days I'll be on my way as well and I could not be more excited. I've packed, re-packed, un-packed, and packed again, trying to bring as few things as possible (more room for shopping guys, I plan on bringing back super trendy clothes from Europe!) but the one thing I am most excited about is my mom's old Nikon 35mm camera! I brought it with me to Italy way back in high school and the pictures that came out from it were beautiful. I'm hoping to turn this into a legit hobby when I get back, so hopefully I can take some super awesome photos and get in some good practice!
This might even turn into a photo blog... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment