Last weekend I had the privilege of watching La Celestina with my friend Brad and some of his wonderful Spanish friends! This is an old Spanish play that was written at the end of the 15th century and is SUPER famous and one of the great Spanish works! I've read parts of the novel but had never seen it on stage before and it was amazing! The way they used the magic thread was artistic and perfect.
Afterwards, we went to the fabulous tapas bar called Divinos. Super cheap food and drinks that were gourmet quality! It's definitely one of my new favorite spots in the city! The rest of the week, I took a break from the library setting and instead worked from home and coffee shops. Sometimes you just need a change of setting to revamp your enthusiasm for work! Next week I'll return to the library and try and get my last set of reproductions in! Then its just read, read, read until my time is up here!
Maybe it's the weather or the fact that the holidays are getting closer, but I've been feeling a bit homesick this week :( Being here is great, but it sure does get lonely sometimes...
Since today is the Dia de Hispanidad here, I've been walking around taking pictures so next week I will post a bunch of those photos!
Ciao <3
No comments:
Post a Comment